Sunday, October 7, 2007

week 3 part 2

My feelings towards this book so far have been nothing but positive! I think that it has been written very good and i am interested by these types of survivor thing. A few weaknesses in my mind might be the length as interesting as all this is he might go into a few too many details in certain areas and a really long book doesn't make this assignment much easier. This book hasn't really brought up much issues except for in one part Mike talks about global warming. I agree with him in his opinion that this is a major issue that needs to be taken care of fast. An example would be the weather we had this weekend it was in the 80's in October. This book is real life so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to relate it to real life and i cant relate it to my life other than i think its cold in Minnesota when its below 30 Fahrenheit and where he is warm would be 30 below 0 Fahrenheit. I predict that Mike will encounter many hardships in his trip but in the end due to his experience, skill, and some luck he will make it threw and be the first man to solo walk around the world at the Arctic circle.

No comments: